do’s and don’ts
A look at some of the steps a drone operator can take to pilot the aircraft more safely:
- Do not fly higher than 400 feet, the limit established by the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
- Do keep the drone within your eye sight at all times. Do not fly it where you cannot see it.
- Do not interfere with any manned aircraft.
- Do stay away from moving vehicles and other people.
- Do not take pictures of another person’s property without their permission.
- Do not fly when visibility or other severe weather hampers your ability to see the drone and operate it safely.
- Do not operate a drone while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do contact the airport tower when within 5 miles of an airport.
- Do obey flight restrictions that may temporarily be in place around stadiums and race tracks.